Building from source You will require the Java JDK 1.7.x (or later), and Apache Maven 3.2 (or later). Download the source archive (above), unzip it and type "mvn clean package" in the directory containing the file "pom.xml".
Known issues and limitations
This software is still beta-quality - use it at your own risk. I have only tested it locally with a couple of PCs.
- Only Class C IPv4 networks are supported. This should cover most home private networks, i.e. 192.168.x.x
- Password protection is not implemented - you probably shouldn't run this over the internet yet!
- There is no audio compression - it uses quite a bit of bandwidth.
- Encryption is not implemented, though it probably isn't necessary on a LAN...
- Voice activation threshold is not implemented due to a buffer underrun bug.
- Client occasionally hangs on exit.
- Logging and reporting of errors to the user is inadequate.
- Missing useful functions such as being able mute a call.